Will Yancey, PhD, CPA
Office phone 734.744.4400
Contents of this page:
Related Web pages at this Web site:
Services: Dr. Yancey provides litigation support and other consulting services.
Disclaimer: Inclusion on this list does NOT imply the cited work is or was a good authority.
Maintained by ACLR.
Please e-mail your suggestions for additions and changes to email@example.com.
Dr. Yancey is the author of Statistical Sampling in Sales and
Use Tax Audits, (CCH, 2002), http://tax.cchgroup.com/news/focusontax/Statistical_Sampling_TOC.pdf
Associations and General References
See links on Data Mining page.
Publications about Statistical Consulting
Citations on statistical evidence in litigation are at willyancey.com/statistical_evidence.htm
- Boen, James R., and Douglas A. Zahn, The Human Side of Statistical Consulting, Lifetime Learning: Belmont, CA, (1982).
- Cabrerra, Javier, and Andrew McDougall, Statistical Consulting, Springer-Verlag, (2002).
- Deming, W. Edwards, Sample Design in Business Research, Wiley, (1960, republished 1999).
- Derr, Janice, Statistical Consulting: A Guide to Effective Communication, Duxbury Press, (1999).
- Hand, D. J., and B. S. Everitt, editors, The Statistical Consultant in Action, Cambridge University Press, (1987).
- Hoelzer, Helmut, Mathematical and statistical consulting needs for scientific and engineering applications, (1977).
- Hooke, "Getting People To Use Statistics Properly", 34 The American Statistician 39 (February 1980).
- Pfannkuch, Maxine, and Chris J. Wild, "Statistical Thinking and Statistical Practice: Themes Gleaned from Professional Statisticians", 15 Statistical Science 132 (2000).
- Rustagi, Jagdish S. and Douglas A. Wolfe, editors, Teaching of Statistics and Statistical Consulting, Academic Press (1982).
- Tweedie, R., "Consulting: Real Problems, Real Interactions, Real Outcomes" with discussion, 13 Statistical Science 1 (1998).
- Wild, Chris J., and Maxine Pfannkuch, "Statistical Thinking in Empirical Inquiry" with discussion, 67 International Statistical Review 223 (1999).
Directories of Statistical Consultants
Links to university statistics departments are at willyancey.com/statistics.htm#Universities